Monday, December 19, 2011

Day Eight of the Twelve Days of Texture!







kimklassencafe



For today's texture 'Storm,' and the awesome brush that Kim made us to go along with it, I had to go back to my favorites pile.  I have dubbed this series of pictures (and others that go along with it) 'The Halkirk House'.  In the spring of this year, I spent a weekend with my family in the small town (its so small its not even a town!) where my great grandparents on my dad's side all settled when they came to Canada a century ago.  Just outside of town, there is this wonderful old place that has been empty for probably 45 years.  It is so beautiful there.  I went on the Sunday, all alone and relished in the property.  It was one of those rare moments that I was in Utopia...
Thanks again Kim, for another wonderful texture and brush.  You are amazing!
Too see the rest of the participants in the linky party, click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love old houses, so beautiful in their abandonment. Lovely use of this texture and brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last one! Very cool angle and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These old building shots are GREAT. I love old anything but old barns are so intriguing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are photos that tell a story. I can absolutely relate to your joy as you got lost in exploring and photographing these old barns/buildings. The framing of the last photo is perfect- along with the quote and texture - would make a great galley wrap or art print. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated and welcome, but please be kind. Because kindness matters!