Friday, December 16, 2011

Day Five of the Twelve Days of Textures


"In childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking out.  In memories of childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking in."  ~Robert Brault



kimklassencafe




Just outside of the city I live in, there is a small Trailer Park with a bad reputation.  There is a playground there that I'm sure was built in the late 70's or early 80's, and every time I had driven by for a long time I had the urge to take photos there.  It reminds me of my childhood, which is what I'm sure has drawn me to it.  One day last summer I got the opportunity to take a family there for a session.  Afterwards, I had to sneak back so I could focus on this little horse.  Its one of those times that I have captured something purely for myself,  and for no reason in particular, I love the results.  I've used Kim Klassen's texture from today called 'Zuzu' on all three images, which were all processed using only duplicated layers on soft light blending mode, and the texture.  Simple, yet beautiful, I think.  To see the other participants in the Link Party click HERE.
Thanks for popping by!
~Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work! The photos of the little horse are very moving to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos, they really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated and welcome, but please be kind. Because kindness matters!